Oct 20, 2009

The love you give will be the love you receive!

When Garret and Grace get hurt, Annie and I take care of them. We wash their wounds, love on them and tell them, when needed, to be more careful. This past Sunday a friend and I decided to go mountain biking. Just as I do with him when he rides his bicycle, he told me to be careful and to not go too fast. Garret told me that if my friend is going to fast that I should just go at my own pace. I'm pretty sure most of what he said were quotes from me.

While riding my bike I scraped my leg a little bit and had a couple of bloody scratches. When I got home Garret lectured me on being careful and reminded me that he had warned me about going too fast. I explained to Garret that I didn't fall and that the scratches were from tree branches and from my the pedals of my bike.

Garret walked into the kitchen, wet a towel, walked over to me and began cleaning my wounds. As he did this he talked softly to me about how you must keep wounds clean and how everything would be ok.

This incident made me realize just how important it is how you handle or deal with kids and issues. You never know when the tables will turn...

No comments: